Mamegame

Help with .bat file please

Hi all. I've just built my first arcade cabinet and thoroughly enjoyed it. I knew I would struggle on the computer side as it's not my strongest subject and it's been really frustrating! I've finally gotten everything working fine but I wanted my machine to boot straight into MAME. I've tried a launchbox front end but struggled to get my head around it so gave up. I've tried writing a .bat file to use in start up but with no joy. I'm running Windows 10, 64bit . To get MAME to run I go documents,C drive, open MAME folder then click on the MAME exe. and it runs fine. Does anyone please know how I write a .bat file to put into start up for me. It will have to be letter for letter as I'm not very good on computers. Any help would be really appreciated as I've spent hours trying to get it to work.
Mamegame

Re: Help with .bat file please

I've tried START C:\mame\mame.exe and it boots into MAME from startup but doesn't load ROMs?? If I manually click on MAME.exe it will load ROMs fine. Does anyone have any ideas for me please. If not I'll have to run my cabinet with the laptop outside so I can get to the keyboard and mouse!!
mhoes

Perhaps this works :

Code: Select all

cd c:\mame\
start c:\mame\mame.exe
Mamegame

Really grateful for your reply. I tried this and on clicking the .bat file it very quickly flashed something but nothing happened. I was unsure if it should be typed on two lines so I tried that and clicking on the .bat file it took me to my first mame folder (I then had to open this to start MAME by finding the MAME exe within this folder) so sorry for my lack of computer knowledge. It's not for the want in trying as I've spent hours on this.
Mamegame

It worked!!! Thank you so much. It's really appreciated. Instead of copying this in with me typing I connected my mame computer to the internet and copied/pasted directly from your post. Thank you again. My hours of frustration has been solved by you in minutes!!!

Return to “MAME Discussion”