DavidPacman

Dragon Saber has broken audio

This appears to be a somewhat recent regression, as I remember the game working perfectly a year ago. Not sure if the team is aware of this or not, just letting you know.
Tafoid

Re: Dragon Saber has broken audio

DavidPacman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:57 am This appears to be a somewhat recent regression, as I remember the game working perfectly a year ago. Not sure if the team is aware of this or not, just letting you know.

I tried current SVN, 0.236, then 0.230 then 0.220 and 0.210 and back to 0.202 (0.201 had a different rom arrangement) and I did not detect any loss of audio, music or sound effects for machine "dsaber" Dragon Saber (World, DO2). Perhaps you have muted that game somehow in your settings? I've no clues outside of checking for any CFG/INI file which might be interfering. You may consider installing 0.236 in a fresh folder and trying that to see if you are still missing sound. You've given no machine/build or version so there isn't much we can do to help diagnose.
DavidPacman

Re: Dragon Saber has broken audio

Sorry, I'll try to explain.

I'm using ver 236 and there IS audio but it's broken. The music seems to slow down, speed up, and then slow down again until it plays completely incorrectly. There don't appear to be any issues with the sound effects, that I can tell.

Since it's hard to explain, try booting it up again, listen to the music, and compare it to the soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGE9z9n ... 61&index=2

It should be obvious what the issue is. I also went ahead and loaded MAME 220 to check if the issue was there and it is. I must not have noticed before.

I'm on an Intel i9 @2.40 GHz, so it shouldn't be an issue with my CPU. If there's any other info you need from me, let me know

Return to “MAME Discussion”