Draugr

Celeron N4020 / UHD Graphics 600 MAME capable?

Hi.

I wanted to ask if anyone knows or has tried running classic MAME games on a 4GB RAM Celeron N4020 chip with Intel UHD 600 graphics?

I'm really only interested in the classics from the 70s and 80s. For example...

Donkey Kong
Centipede
Popeye
Poleposition
and maybe....
Renegade
Double Dragon
Wrestlefest (Not a big deal)

If anyone has any experience or knowledge as to whether the above games would run at full speed on the listed CPU and GPU please let me know. I'm hoping to at least be able to run the top 4 games and similar games from that time period. Renegade and Double Dragon would be great too but not critical and Wrestlefest... well I doubt it would probably work, but thought I'd ask. :)

The reason I'm asking is...

I saw a nice mini-PC with 2 front facing USB ports and a SD slot that I was thinking of using for an arcade console like a Colecovision except where Colecovision was known as "The Arcade Quality Video Game System" my idea would be "The ARCADE Video Game System!" :)

I have a bunch of old 8MB SD cards... Yes I said MB not GB. I am planning to setup a custom system where the roms and high score files as well as artwork are stored on the SD card. Each game would be on a separate SD card thus acting similar to using an old cartridge like those classic home consoles. I even have a sheet of SD card labels that I can print on my printer so I can give each SD card a console like label.

Anyhow, I'm working on the customizations and want to pick up a mini PC with at least 2 USB ports on the front for joysticks and a SD slot for media / cart insertion. I know this might seem ridiculous as its jsut easier to play MAME on my arcade cabinet or PC, but I had this idea for years and have some cool ideas for it, even though I'll be the only one using it. :)

Thanks,
John

Return to “MAME Discussion”