Starfiretbt

Light gun second player

How do I set up a second player using a mouse for a light gun? I already set up my first mouse for the first player and I have a second mouse but I don't know how to set it up for second player. I also have a joystick and game controllers which I can also use if MAME won't recognize two mouse's (mice?).
Tafoid

Re: Light gun second player

Starfiretbt wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:55 pm How do I set up a second player using a mouse for a light gun? I already set up my first mouse for the first player and I have a second mouse but I don't know how to set it up for second player. I also have a joystick and game controllers which I can also use if MAME won't recognize two mouse's (mice?).

To enable Multi-Mouse, you can do this in one of two ways:
- If launched from command-line/terminal - add the trigger -multimouse
- Internal UI - CONFIGURE OPTIONS > ADVANCED OPTIONS > scroll to entry for Multi-mouse. Activate ON and save.

In either case, MAME will likely attempt to map any additional found positional devices to the other players. You should be able to map them as you normally would any other controls.
Starfiretbt

Re: Light gun second player

I saw that option and I turned it on but both mice still move player 1 and player 2 remains stationary

Return to “MAME Discussion”