voil

Delete ROMs in MAME?

Is it possible to delete ROM files directly in MAME? Right now I have MAME and Windows Explorer open. I'm going through the list of games I have and play each one to decide if I want to keep it or not, then switch to Explorer and search for the filename to delete it, but that's a bit tedious.
Tafoid

Re: Delete ROMs in MAME?

voil wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:26 pm Is it possible to delete ROM files directly in MAME? Right now I have MAME and Windows Explorer open. I'm going through the list of games I have and play each one to decide if I want to keep it or not, then switch to Explorer and search for the filename to delete it, but that's a bit tedious.

No. MAME does not have the ability to delete any romset archives. You are free to curate your experience any way you see fit, of course, but please be aware that some machines require more than one .zip file of contents to run due to machine bioses, parent/clone relationships and more. You can read more about that at the link provided below.

https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/aboutromsets.html
voil

Re: Delete ROMs in MAME?

Tafoid wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:14 pm but please be aware that some machines require more than one .zip file of contents to run due to machine bioses, parent/clone relationships and more.
I know. My collection is already mostly curated by myself, plus a bunch of ancient ROMs that I updated with a ROM renamer and now I'm left with partially updated games or clones I'm not interested in and whatnot. Is there a frontend that has a built-in delete function?

Return to “MAME Discussion”