Thepft

Beginner question! Wireless joystick

Although I've had MAME for a long time, I now want to play it on my big screen which I'm hoping can be done with a wireless joystick. Wired no problem but before I go out and get one I figure I'd ask if this is possible with MAME and is their any way I could use a PS4 joystick as I have one that I never used? Also do I configure it any different than a wired one? Thanks very much folks!!
Tafoid

Re: Beginner question! Wireless joystick

Thepft wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:01 pm Although I've had MAME for a long time, I now want to play it on my big screen which I'm hoping can be done with a wireless joystick. Wired no problem but before I go out and get one I figure I'd ask if this is possible with MAME and is their any way I could use a PS4 joystick as I have one that I never used? Also do I configure it any different than a wired one? Thanks very much folks!!

There is no reason you cannot run MAME with any type of controller you wish so long as Windows (or whichever OS you use) can recognize it and allow you to diagnose and test it. There are a few options which MAME has which will likely cover all possibilities under "joystickprovider" option in your MAME.ini file. Below is a link to info regarding controller handling and configuration you may find helpful.

https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/ctrlr_config.html

Return to “MAME Discussion”