xbrunox76

Control a NON INFOCUS window

Hi all.
Is possibile control a NON IN FOCUS mame window and play a ROM in a NON IN FOCUS windows
meanwhile playing another rom in the some PC with an INFOCUS window?

thanks
mhoes

Re: Control a NON INFOCUS window

xbrunox76 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:23 am Hi all.
Is possibile control a NON IN FOCUS mame window and play a ROM in a NON IN FOCUS windows
meanwhile playing another rom in the some PC with an INFOCUS window?

thanks
I'm not quite sure what it is that you are attempting to do here. Do I understand correctly that you want the input of the keyboard/mouse/etc to go to a window that is not currently in the foreground ? If so, I do not think that that is possible; but that is not because of MAME, but because your operating system (Windows/Linux) does not let you do it. Are there any other applications that let you do this ? And if so, how do you achieve this with the other applications ? (Please clarify things a bit if I have misunderstood what you are trying to do here).
xbrunox76

Hello.
the answer is simple.
I want to play a mame game on the same PC in LAN (eg RAD RALLYE or virtua racing) in reality to play these games I already have 2 different cabinets and therefore the thing is easy. the problem is sorot with the new mame 0.244 which introduced support for the tourneament battle version of street fighter 2 tourneamement edition. With this rom I am forced to run 2 mame sessions on the same PC. so I can't keep a MAME window where I should play IN FOCUS. here a link to understand what I'm talking about.

https://www.arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic. ... 83#p374983
mhoes

xbrunox76 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:39 pm Hello.
the answer is simple.
I want to play a mame game on the same PC in LAN (eg RAD RALLYE or virtua racing) in reality to play these games I already have 2 different cabinets and therefore the thing is easy. the problem is sorot with the new mame 0.244 which introduced support for the tourneament battle version of street fighter 2 tourneamement edition. With this rom I am forced to run 2 mame sessions on the same PC. so I can't keep a MAME window where I should play IN FOCUS. here a link to understand what I'm talking about.

https://www.arcadeitalia.net/viewtopic. ... 83#p374983
Ah. You mean this: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/pull/9699

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think that - if you actually want to play with multiple people - the idea here is that you start mame on different PC's, that are connected to the same TCP/IP network, and then point -comm_remotehost to each other's ip addresses.

I do not think it is possible to make the input of the keyboard/mouse/etc go to a window that is not currently in the foreground (NON IN FOCUS).

But if I'm wrong about these things, feel free to correct me.

Return to “MAME Discussion”