Maverick

SFII 'Magic Delta" version with bugs not on mame

Hi,

I was checking today a dump of the SFII 'Magic Delta" version (not available on mame, just on Final Burn)

(and even on this would be good to know why since mame 'should' be the way to go..)

but this Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (Magic Delta, bootleg, 920313 etc) [Bootleg]

You can see it start playing on the demo rollover

Link:

https://www.retrogames.cc/arcade-games/ ... ta-bo.html

instead of displaying the typical "magic delta" sublogo on the title screen

This one to be exact

Photo

strangely on the emulator it is totally missing..

Photo

I checked inside the rom list and saw there is a GAL20V8 file (as 68kadd?) and according to my experience GALs and PALs were used back then as masks on logos, and/ or during the game as copy protection (especially on title screens and/ or music reproduction)

Screenshot

an Example happened to me in the past was with the After Burner PCBs (Sega's System X) on which if you do not put the correct PAL (let's say you use the PAL16R8 (technically named by Sega 315-5291 or 315-5304) of the super monaco gp or the Thunderblade), the hand on the boot/demo sequence is missing (disappear and/ or it is glitched)

This one to be exact:

Or putting a non-correct PAL on the music section,

This one to be exact

you do not hear music and effects correctly, but weird noises..

Anybody can fix this bug a non-bugged mame version?

Would be great to see a skilled dev solves this issue and giving a 100% emulation of this rev after 26 years! (the dump was made in 1996 and never been fixed..)

Mav

Return to “MAME Discussion”