voil

MAME not showing Romset filename at the bottom

Long story short: had to reinstall 0.245, or rather re-unpack the archive and now some things are different. See how it shows the Romset filename at the bottom on this screenshot from Wikipedia?

I used to see that too but now that line is gone, also when I select a clone, it says "System is clone of: [full game name]" instead of the filename.

How/where do I change it back?
Tafoid

Re: MAME not showing Romset filename at the bottom

voil wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:46 pm Long story short: had to reinstall 0.245, or rather re-unpack the archive and now some things are different. See how it shows the Romset filename at the bottom on this screenshot from Wikipedia?

I used to see that too but now that line is gone, also when I select a clone, it says "System is clone of: [full game name]" instead of the filename.

How/where do I change it back?

That has moved to the "Infos" panel on the right side of the screen. Limited screen real estate vertically for legitimate option paths necessitated its moving. AFAIK, there is no way to return it back to the bottom of the screen without actually adjusting source and compiling your own.

Clicking the INFOS tab will show you all you need.
voil

I guess there's also no option to display the images and info next to each other at the same time? Or have the infos be placed underneath the images?
mhoes

voil wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:21 am I guess there's also no option to display the images and info next to each other at the same time? Or have the infos be placed underneath the images?
I guess not. The rightmost panel appears to have 2 'tabs', with which one can show either the images or the info, but not both at the same time.

Return to “MAME Discussion”