Luizz

Moon patrol glitch?

Is there a glitch in the game? sometimes it happens.
The enemy descends from the sky and get trapped above the car. Is this normal?
Tafoid

Re: Moon patrol glitch?

Luizz wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:33 am Is there a glitch in the game? sometimes it happens.
The enemy descends from the sky and get trapped above the car. Is this normal?

Just played a few games and I didn't see anything resembling this issue using official binary. Are you using that? What version are you reporting this from? If you can, produce a in-game screenshot (F12) of it happening, perhaps even a recorded .inp file in which it happens.
Can't do anything about it if you don't better describe the issue and better illustrate the issue.
Luizz

After shooting the enemy, he doesn't disappear and follows the car.
Luizz

Luizz

I'm using Mame 246.
Tafoid

Luizz wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:40 pm I'm using Mame 246.

I spent a solid 45 minutes playing Moon Patrol, attempting many games , using different DIP settings, and even using some cheats to see if I could duplicate any issue related to ships sticking in the air. I was not successful. The behavior should be if packs of enemy ships go for a while not being shot - a ship (one of the yellow colored ones) will stop shooting and descend from the sky headed to the ship and fall to the ground crashing into you or your rover.

I have no clue what could be happening on your end because I cannot duplicate. Sorry.
As this point, I'll need a input recording from your gameplay in which this issue happens.

> mame mpatrol -record mpatrol.inp

Then, verify it by

> mame mpatrol -playback mpatrol.inp

Should you make an input record which accomplishes this, post a link to it here.
Luizz

At the end of the video the glitch occurs.
At point "J"
Inp file link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bnswyk6t ... l.inp/file
Luizz

Sorry, at point "N".
Tafoid

Luizz wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:15 am Sorry, at point "N".

I see it. It only seems to happening on ones that you shoot that are aimed at your rover? In my mind the way you described it was the ships headed to your rover and then stopped on their own in the air, not by being shot. It is difficult to say that the arcade may/may not have done the same thing in the same situations - there are rarely arcade games which are 100% perfect all the time. In other times it has happened to you, has the ship stayed on screen until the checkpoint was reached, or only for a short time before it disappeared?
Luizz

Stayed for a short time before disappearing.

Return to “MAME Discussion”