EmperorPenguin18

Jakks Pacific game missing

In all the documentation I looked through, I couldn't find anything talking about this game: https://avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Avatar:_ ... er_TV_Game

Is it supported in MAME? Does nobody care because there's no rom for it? I recently remembered I had this when I was a kid and was hoping to emulate it, and that led me to discover it seemed to be missing from MAME.

Thanks!
spludlow

Re: Jakks Pacific game missing

Looks like the TV game is not, but it seems to run on the GBA.

avatarbeu Avatar - The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth (USA) 2007 THQ
avataru Avatar - The Last Airbender (USA) 2006 THQ

If you have trouble with the MAME GBA emulation, you can try another emulator.
Haze

We have one.

It's one of the units where the CPU and ROM glob are very, very close together, and the traces are a fraction of a millimeter thick. Sean has to solder 30+ wires to those traces, and between the limited space, and how tiny the traces are, he's had zero success.

Technically possible, but might require some kind of robotic assistance which nobody has access to.
EmperorPenguin18

spludlow wrote: Looks like the TV game is not, but it seems to run on the GBA.

avatarbeu Avatar - The Last Airbender - The Burning Earth (USA) 2007 THQ
avataru Avatar - The Last Airbender (USA) 2006 THQ

If you have trouble with the MAME GBA emulation, you can try another emulator.
Although it is cool this works, I was already pretty sure this was the case and was specifically curious about the TV game.
Haze wrote: We have one.

It's one of the units where the CPU and ROM glob are very, very close together, and the traces are a fraction of a millimeter thick. Sean has to solder 30+ wires to those traces, and between the limited space, and how tiny the traces are, he's had zero success.

Technically possible, but might require some kind of robotic assistance which nobody has access to.
Good to know I'm not the only person who's looking into this. I plan on returning to University next fall. Do you know if they might have the type of equipment you're referring to? I'm still undergrad so I wouldn't know myself but if I needed it for a capstone for example they might let me use something like that.
EmperorPenguin18

I'm planning to propose this as my capstone project when I go back to school in September. Anything I should know before I do that?
EmperorPenguin18

Is there documentation of previous work done on this? I've got it open but I imagine the next step is either finding a pins diagram or making one. If there's nothing for this guy, what about previous Jakks hardware? Hopefully it's similar enough to be useful.

Return to “MAME Discussion”