Draugr

MAME 0.248 & Arabian

Hi Everyone.

I hope this is the right place to post this. Sorry if it is not.

Today, while testing MAME 0.248 I came across a game that locks up when player 1 dies and player 2 should start. The game is Arabian and I tested it on two separate installs of MAME 0.248 for Windows. The game does work on an older version of MAME (0.214) that I have on another machine. Is anyone aware of this issue?

Thanks,
John

PS: Playing Arabian in MAME v0.248 single player works fine. If you die, the game continues as normal. Only in a 2 player game does it seem to freeze after player 1 dies.
mhoes

Re: MAME 0.248 & Arabian

Draugr wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:43 am Hi Everyone.

Today, while testing MAME 0.248 I came across a game that locks up when player 1 dies and player 2 should start. The game is Arabian and I tested it on two separate installs of MAME 0.248 for Windows. The game does work on an older version of MAME (0.214) that I have on another machine. Is anyone aware of this issue?

Thanks,
John

PS: Playing Arabian in MAME v0.248 single player works fine. If you die, the game continues as normal. Only in a 2 player game does it seem to freeze after player 1 dies.
Out of curiosity, I tried 'arabian' with mame 0.239 (which does not have this behavior for me), and mame 0.248 (which also locks up for me for a 2 player game, after player 1 dies). I did a quick search over at mametesters, but could not find anything about this issue. Perhaps any of the devs here can better recommend on what to do, but if it was me I would probably report it over at mametesters.

https://mametesters.org/main_page.php
Draugr

mhoes wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:48 pm
Draugr wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:43 am Hi Everyone.

Thanks,
John

Out of curiosity, I tried 'arabian' with mame 0.239 (which does not have this behavior for me), and mame 0.248 (which also locks up for me for a 2 player game, after player 1 dies). I did a quick search over at mametesters, but could not find anything about this issue. Perhaps any of the devs here can better recommend on what to do, but if it was me I would probably report it over at mametesters.

https://mametesters.org/main_page.php
I just applied there. I think I have to wait 24 hours before I can report a bug. As soon as I get access to submitting a NEW bug, I'll post about this issue on Mametesters. Thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't aware of their site.

John
mhoes

Thanks.

And for future reference, the bug report that was made is here: https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=8436

Return to “MAME Discussion”