Draugr

MAME 0.248 & DECO Cassette games in Cocktail mode

Hi Everyone.

Quick question...

I'm building a MAME cocktail cabinet and I've been working on putting together a MAME image with just cocktail supported games. What I've noticed is that all the DECO Cassette games seem to support cocktail mode, but none of them will actually flip or rotate the screen for player 2 sitting opposite player 1. My question is whether this is normal or am I missing something? All the other cocktail games I setup that support flipping work fine when setting the DIP SWITCH setting to "Cocktail" mode.

I'm guessing either I am missing something or perhaps the cocktail support for DECO Cassette games isn't complete or fully functioning. I mean who would make all these DECO Cassette games for cocktail cabinets, but not have screen flipping?

Any info is appreciated. If it is simply a bug or incomplete feature for those games to flip within MAME that is ok, I just want to know if perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,
John
Tafoid

Re: MAME 0.248 & DECO Cassette games in Cocktail mode

Draugr wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:55 pm Hi Everyone.

Quick question...

I'm building a MAME cocktail cabinet and I've been working on putting together a MAME image with just cocktail supported games. What I've noticed is that all the DECO Cassette games seem to support cocktail mode, but none of them will actually flip or rotate the screen for player 2 sitting opposite player 1. My question is whether this is normal or am I missing something? All the other cocktail games I setup that support flipping work fine when setting the DIP SWITCH setting to "Cocktail" mode.

I'm guessing either I am missing something or perhaps the cocktail support for DECO Cassette games isn't complete or fully functioning. I mean who would make all these DECO Cassette games for cocktail cabinets, but not have screen flipping?

Any info is appreciated. If it is simply a bug or incomplete feature for those games to flip within MAME that is ok, I just want to know if perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,
John

In my testing the actual in-game flipping doesn't appear to be working (tested machine cbtime), but the player 2 controls in driver did control the player 2 character when it was their turn. It is fair to say that it is a driver wide issue - although I don't anything listed in the driver outside of a few specific machines about cocktail nor are the machines flagged for not having operable cocktail action. So, it would be a bug as something not emulated yet, I reckon.

Return to “MAME Discussion”