Parduz

I need help about Layout Inputs (and other questions)

I'm trying to make a working layout for the Ensoniq SQ1 machine (esq5505.cpp), with clickable buttons and a piano keyboard that could be played by mouse.

I've been able to make all buttons working, but i can't understand what should i put in the inputtag and inputmask parameters of the layout piano keys... what are the keyboard inputs in that machine? I really don't understand how and where ports/pint/masks are declared.

While i'm here, i'd ask some additional question: for some of them i think that i already know the answer, but i'd like to be sure; i feel pretty lost in the vastity of MAME :)
  1. There's a way to draw gradients in a layout file?
  2. There's a way to make really small text less pixelated and more readable?
  3. How can i make a LED blinks if its state is "2" (where 0 is Off and 1 is On) ?
  4. I'd like to implement analog controls (Pitch wheel, modulation wheel and the Data Entry slider). Where can i find an example about analog controls on a Layout?
  5. Is it possible to include a SVG vector image in a Layout file? How?
  6. How can i make a button that shows or hide the assigned PC keys to the layouts elements (i mean: i could show "[A]" on a button that do the same function as the "A" key)
Tafoid

Re: I need help about Layout Inputs (and other questions)

Parduz wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:23 pm I'm trying to make a working layout for the Ensoniq SQ1 machine (esq5505.cpp), with clickable buttons and a piano keyboard that could be played by mouse.

I've been able to make all buttons working, but i can't understand what should i put in the inputtag and inputmask parameters of the layout piano keys... what are the keyboard inputs in that machine? I really don't understand how and where ports/pint/masks are declared.

While i'm here, i'd ask some additional question: for some of them i think that i already know the answer, but i'd like to be sure; i feel pretty lost in the vastity of MAME :)
  1. There's a way to draw gradients in a layout file?
  2. There's a way to make really small text less pixelated and more readable?
  3. How can i make a LED blinks if its state is "2" (where 0 is Off and 1 is On) ?
  4. I'd like to implement analog controls (Pitch wheel, modulation wheel and the Data Entry slider). Where can i find an example about analog controls on a Layout?
  5. Is it possible to include a SVG vector image in a Layout file? How?
  6. How can i make a button that shows or hide the assigned PC keys to the layouts elements (i mean: i could show "[A]" on a button that do the same function as the "A" key)

As also asked on reddit with similar questions - here is the link to that discussion:
https://old.reddit.com/r/MAME/comments/ ... e_ensoniq/
Parduz

Re: I need help about Layout Inputs (and other questions)

Tafoid wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:05 pm As also asked on reddit with similar questions - here is the link to that discussion:
https://old.reddit.com/r/MAME/comments/ ... e_ensoniq/
Yup, sorry for that. I had just today to work on it and this post didn't get approved until "now".

Return to “MAME Discussion”