Robin

Motorola Exorciser emulation

I have here a Motorola development system (TDS or Polyvalent) based around the Exorcisor system boards and backplane. The processor board in it is based on the Motorola 6800.

The graphics board has two 2114 for graphics memory and it has 9 4116 DRAM on an external RAM PCB.

The system board (Stand Alone Computer) has three 128 byte RAMs on it too.

As far as I can see there is no emulation under Mame for this system.

I have dumped all of the 2708 ROMs for the (Tiny?) Basic, Assembler on the ROM board and the IOS and the custom pinout mask ROM Mik/Bug on the SAC PCB.

I have full documentation for it too.

I wondered if anyone would be interested adding it to MAME?
mhoes

Re: Motorola Exorciser emulation

Robin wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:53 pm I have here a Motorola development system (TDS or Polyvalent) based around the Exorcisor system boards and backplane. The processor board in it is based on the Motorola 6800.

The graphics board has two 2114 for graphics memory and it has 9 4116 DRAM on an external RAM PCB.

I have dumped all of the 2708 ROMs for the (Tiny?) Basic, Assembler on the ROM board and the IOS and the custom pinout mask ROM Mik/Bug on the SAC PCB.

I know I cannot speak for others, but: if this is currently unemulated in mame, I would assume people would at least be interested in having a copy of the dumped roms and the documentation. Of course, this will give no guarantee whatsoever that the actual emulation will ever be added to mame, but at least the possibility will be open when you have roms and documentation.

If it were me, I think I would go to mameworld [1] instead (this forum sees very little traffic), and ask there. I would also put the emphasis on 'would people be interested in the roms and documentation' (so things can be preserved), and not so much on 'will this ever be emulated' (which might be perceived as nagging).

Just my 2$

[1]
https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/p ... d=mamechat
Tafoid

Re: Motorola Exorciser emulation

Robin wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:53 pm I have here a Motorola development system (TDS or Polyvalent) based around the Exorcisor system boards and backplane. The processor board in it is based on the Motorola 6800.

You best bet if you want something looked at is to send the data or a link to the data in question to the email listed here:
https://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/Subm ... ource_Code

If you are considering adding a Pull Request for a skeleton driver using examples already in source to document the machine, you are welcomed to do that and with the shared data perhaps someone will pick it up and look at it. Worse case, it is archived and saved for someone in the future who may have the interest.

Return to “MAME Discussion”