Multimike

Mame deleting my ctrlr file for my gun setup????

All of the sudden mame is just deleting my custom arcadeguns ctrlr file I havent changed anything or updated mame it just started happening at random I also have a custom default cfg that’s set to read only that holds the basic 1-4 players info. So please let me know what’s going on as it’s driving me nuts its mame 0.240 but I don’t wanna up grade it to where I need whole new rom sets just wanted to know if there was something I could do to fix this issues ASAP thanks for any help!!
Tafoid

Re: Mame deleting my ctrlr file for my gun setup????

Multimike wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:26 pm All of the sudden mame is just deleting my custom arcadeguns ctrlr file I havent changed anything or updated mame it just started happening at random I also have a custom default cfg that’s set to read only that holds the basic 1-4 players info. So please let me know what’s going on as it’s driving me nuts its mame 0.240 but I don’t wanna up grade it to where I need whole new rom sets just wanted to know if there was something I could do to fix this issues ASAP thanks for any help!!

I'd be unsure why your custom file is being deleted - something must be triggering it.
However, the best advice is that if you have a successfully saved configuration or controller file you want to keep, after exiting MAME tuck a copy of it somewhere safe. Then, take the original and set the permission for the file to "READ ONLY" (this varies due to OS, but should be easy to do) then future relaunches of MAME will not be able to overwrite this file.

Return to “MAME Discussion”