Str_K

MAME 0.252 freezes when gamepad connected

I have a dual shock 4 connected through the DS4Windows in my Windows 11 laptop.

It seems there is a problem with the current version of MAME as when the gamepad is connected MAME freezes or crashes when trying to play anything. When I disconnect the gamepad and close DS4Windows then I can run all MAME games normally without any freezes.

I looked on Google and this seems to be a bug on the current version of MAME but I could not find any solution to this. Can this be fixed or I have to wait for the next version of MAME for the gamepad to work?
Tafoid

Re: MAME 0.252 freezes when gamepad connected

Str_K wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:10 am I have a dual shock 4 connected through the DS4Windows in my Windows 11 laptop.

It seems there is a problem with the current version of MAME as when the gamepad is connected MAME freezes or crashes when trying to play anything. When I disconnect the gamepad and close DS4Windows then I can run all MAME games normally without any freezes.

I looked on Google and this seems to be a bug on the current version of MAME but I could not find any solution to this. Can this be fixed or I have to wait for the next version of MAME for the gamepad to work?

I believe issues with plugged in controllers has been fixed for the most part and we have a new MAME 0.253 being released very soon.
Until then, you can change your video setting to "BGFX" (instead of auto) which seems to alleviate the issue in reported cases. Please remember, too, you may still need to do a reconfigure of your control device and save the configuration somewhere. Many things were changed in the last release which rendered a lot of older controller configs/ctrlr files outdated.

Return to “MAME Discussion”