DOS76

MAME 0.213

Any news on why this months release is so late. I'm curious and there is absolutely no news about it so I was just wondering if someone knew what was up.
Tafoid

Re: MAME 0.213

DOS76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm Any news on why this months release is so late. I'm curious and there is absolutely no news about it so I was just wondering if someone knew what was up.

The best answer I can give you is that the release will come out as soon as it can. It may be as soon as tonight, sometime this week or weekend? Just monitor https://mamedev.org for the release announcement.

Keeping a rigid release schedule nearly the last 5 years has been increasingly difficult for those who prepare/assure/finalize the release contents. I'd expect release times and dates will be reexamined and/or overhauled in the upcoming months and it would be simpler to not expect MAME to drop during the "last wednesday of each month" release window. Once a decision is made, I'm sure there will be some sort of official announcement stating such.
DOS76

Re: MAME 0.213

Thanks for replying. Yeah if they are going to go away from the monthly releases which would totally be fine with me it would still be nice if they would inform the users of that so I'm not constantly stopping by the site to see if the version has changed or not. We've been spoiled with the monthly releases for so long.

Return to “MAME Discussion”