Graham

[0.216] Black Tiger Issue

Hi All

If save states is enabled, I am unable to insert any coins. Renaming or deleting the saved states corrects this issues but re-occurs when the game is next loaded. Is this re-producible for anyone else? If so, where is the best place to file this bug.

:)
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War
Robert

Re: [0.216] Black Tiger Issue

(deleted)
Last edited by Robert on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tafoid

Graham wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:51 pm Hi All

If save states is enabled, I am unable to insert any coins. Renaming or deleting the saved states corrects this issues but re-occurs when the game is next loaded. Is this re-producible for anyone else? If so, where is the best place to file this bug.

You have to be able to duplicate it with the same version, with a fresh save state. If that save state was used with another version - even a Git WIP binary build, such fitness isn't guaranteed. That said, I tried a couple tests with blktiger set using -autosave. I tried booting to title, exiting and restarting MAME, entered a credit, exited and restarted again and even credited again, started, played a game and upon game over, I tried exit/restart with -autosave again and I had no issue entering a coin or starting the game.

Can you try in a clean environment to duplicate - using only released binary and see if it repeats?
Graham

Tafoid wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:20 pm You have to be able to duplicate it with the same version, with a fresh save state. If that save state was used with another version - even a Git WIP binary build, such fitness isn't guaranteed. That said, I tried a couple tests with blktiger set using -autosave. I tried booting to title, exiting and restarting MAME, entered a credit, exited and restarted again and even credited again, started, played a game and upon game over, I tried exit/restart with -autosave again and I had no issue entering a coin or starting the game.

Can you try in a clean environment to duplicate - using only released binary and see if it repeats?

This has been with the same version and also occurred with older builds. As soon as you delete (or rename) the save state, it works until another save state is created. This is using the Ubuntu build if that makes any difference and the auto save state is enabled from Mame's GUI.

I'll install a copy of Mame on my Windows partition and see if that works.

@Robert: Thanks, I've just registered and awaiting approval.

Graham

Tested on Windows 10 and working as expected. Do I still need to log this at Mame Testers or the person that compiles for Ubuntu?

Tafoid

Graham wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:51 pm Tested on Windows 10 and working as expected. Do I still need to log this at Mame Testers or the person that compiles for Ubuntu?

Well, it is comforting to know it works with baseline, but I have no idea why or what would cause a Ubuntu built binary release to not function properly. It is entirely possible the save state got corrupted along the way or that you original saved with 0.215 or earlier and enough changed during Dev of 0.216 to muck something up.

I assume you have also tried a fresh install with that in Ubuntu as well with a fresh (no) save state to try to duplicate? I can't help thinking there may be some configuration issue somewhere or (as mentioned earlier) save state corruption.
Graham

Tafoid wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:19 pmWell, it is comforting to know it works with baseline, but I have no idea why or what would cause a Ubuntu built binary release to not function properly. It is entirely possible the save state got corrupted along the way or that you original saved with 0.215 or earlier and enough changed during Dev of 0.216 to muck something up.

I assume you have also tried a fresh install with that in Ubuntu as well with a fresh (no) save state to try to duplicate? I can't help thinking there may be some configuration issue somewhere or (as mentioned earlier) save state corruption.

Having looked around the GUI, noticed that coins were locked in Bookkeeping Info. Disabling Coin Lockout Hardware Protection in Machine Configuration is now allowing me to enter coins again. Looks like user error :lol:

:oops:

Return to “MAME Discussion”