mhoes

Re: MAME devs

https://forum.mamedev.org/viewtopic.php?p=2056#p2056

Hi !

We once again must thank you that we are so glad you explicitly took the time and effort to register an account here, and then make all your posts about voicing your opinion - about how you do not like MAME - on a specific MAME fans targeted forum ! And now we have this extra special gem of a link to a random reddit thread, were you seem to have found people who think that spending $2500 on a retropie and a 20 years old hacked up beyond belief mame version is excellent value for money, and a state of the art system to boot !

And we are so glad that you found people who, instead of telling/warning those people (or other potential buyers of similar setups) that they have been or are about to be ripped off, and could have gotten a far better setup (with better performance, a far better mame version, and for less than half of the price), attempt to redirect the anger of having bought a shitty setup and being ripped off, at the mame devs instead, as if it is their fault ! So it's almost if all of our wishes have finally been granted once more, and all of our prayers answered once again !

So please do not hesitate, and keep informing us of all of the many and endless ways in which you do not like MAME, as often and in as many places as humanly possible ! Keep up the good work !
bob_loblaw

Everyone, feel free to ignore mhoes. He's not exactly the brightest and most respectful one here.
mhoes

bob_loblaw wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:46 pm Everyone, feel free to ignore mhoes. He's not exactly the brightest and most respectful one here.
Depends on how you look at it. You deliberately posted a link to a reddit thread entitled: "And people mocked me when I said that the MAME devs are jerks.". So if you are so respectful yourself, then please feel free to clarify what your respectful intent about posting that link was ?
bob_loblaw

mhoes wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:59 pm
bob_loblaw wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:46 pm Everyone, feel free to ignore mhoes. He's not exactly the brightest and most respectful one here.
Depends on how you look at it. You deliberately posted a link to a reddit thread entitled: "And people mocked me when I said that the MAME devs are jerks.". So if you are so respectful yourself, then please feel free to clarify what your respectful intent about posting that link was ?
I just thought that it was interesting enough to share. That's all. There are quite a lot of comments on that thread.
mhoes

bob_loblaw wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:06 pm
I just thought that it was interesting enough to share. That's all. There are quite a lot of comments on that thread.
So, after reading the comments in the thread, what conclusions would you draw from that ?
bob_loblaw

mhoes wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:14 pm
bob_loblaw wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:06 pm

So, after reading the comments in the thread, what conclusions would you draw from that ?
That Mog probably should’ve responded in a more respectful manner. The way he responded made him come across as a bit of a meanie.

Return to “MAME Discussion”