dookieshooter

mame 246 on ubuntu 22

has anyone been successful with getting mame 246 compiled on ubuntu 22.04?

I think I was close, but ran into some errors. Full Log here: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/syT6hFqGC8/

on of the errors;

Code: Select all

Compiling src/mame/gameplan/gameplan_v.cpp...
during RTL pass: expand
In file included from ../../../../../src/emu/emumem_hedw3.cpp:5:
../../../../../src/emu/emumem_hedw.ipp: In constructor ‘handler_entry_write_dispatch<HighBits, Width, AddrShift>::handler_entry_write_dispatch(address_space*, memory_view&) [with int HighBits = 30; int Width = 0; int AddrShift = 1]’:
../../../../../src/emu/emumem_hedw.ipp:38:50: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
   38 | template<int HighBits, int Width, int AddrShift> handler_entry_write_dispatch<HighBits, Width, AddrShift>::handler_entry_write_dispatch(address_space *space, memory_view &view) : handler_entry_write<Width, AddrShift>(space, handler_entry::F_VIEW), m_view(&view), m_a_dispatch(nullptr), m_a_ranges(nullptr), m_u_dispatch(nullptr), m_u_ranges(nullptr)
      |                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Compiling src/mame/gameplan/toratora.cpp...
0x7f92b86b851f ???
	./signal/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/libc_sigaction.c:0
0x7f92b869fd8f __libc_start_call_main
	../sysdeps/nptl/libc_start_call_main.h:58
0x7f92b869fe3f __libc_start_main_impl
	../csu/libc-start.c:392
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-11/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [emu.make:1232: ../../../../linux_gcc/obj/x64/Release/src/emu/emumem_hedw3.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
seems like a gcc version issue. Not sure the best way to work around it without digging into the code. I'm new to mame though...
Tafoid

Re: mame 246 on ubuntu 22

dookieshooter wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:30 pm has anyone been successful with getting mame 246 compiled on ubuntu 22.04?

I think I was close, but ran into some errors. Full Log here: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/syT6hFqGC8/

on of the errors;

Code: Select all

Compiling src/mame/gameplan/gameplan_v.cpp...
during RTL pass: expand
In file included from ../../../../../src/emu/emumem_hedw3.cpp:5:
../../../../../src/emu/emumem_hedw.ipp: In constructor ‘handler_entry_write_dispatch<HighBits, Width, AddrShift>::handler_entry_write_dispatch(address_space*, memory_view&) [with int HighBits = 30; int Width = 0; int AddrShift = 1]’:
../../../../../src/emu/emumem_hedw.ipp:38:50: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
   38 | template<int HighBits, int Width, int AddrShift> handler_entry_write_dispatch<HighBits, Width, AddrShift>::handler_entry_write_dispatch(address_space *space, memory_view &view) : handler_entry_write<Width, AddrShift>(space, handler_entry::F_VIEW), m_view(&view), m_a_dispatch(nullptr), m_a_ranges(nullptr), m_u_dispatch(nullptr), m_u_ranges(nullptr)
      |                                                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Compiling src/mame/gameplan/toratora.cpp...
0x7f92b86b851f ???
	./signal/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/libc_sigaction.c:0
0x7f92b869fd8f __libc_start_call_main
	../sysdeps/nptl/libc_start_call_main.h:58
0x7f92b869fe3f __libc_start_main_impl
	../csu/libc-start.c:392
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-11/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [emu.make:1232: ../../../../linux_gcc/obj/x64/Release/src/emu/emumem_hedw3.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
seems like a gcc version issue. Not sure the best way to work around it without digging into the code. I'm new to mame though...

I only compile for Windows and use official binaries from mamedev.org, but I'm pretty sure anything related to Retropie requires some pretty heavy modification in order to compile/function and is not an official support platform. Out of the box, MAME should compile as a stand alone package for several versions of Ubuntu and there is a packager which handles nearly every official integer release.

https://sdlmame.wallyweek.org/download/

If you insist on Retropie/LibRetro core creation, you may be required to seek out those projects for compile and usage support.
RobertJG60

Re: mame 246 on ubuntu 22

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:c.falco/mame

Return to “MAME Discussion”