jvidal

ArkanoidPE does not work

Hi!

For some reason, the release notes for MAME 0.257 claim that Arkanoidpe has been promoted to "working", but when you start the game, all you get is a "BAD HARDWARE" message and that's it...
Tafoid

Re: ArkanoidPE does not work

jvidal wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:54 am Hi!

For some reason, the release notes for MAME 0.257 claim that Arkanoidpe has been promoted to "working", but when you start the game, all you get is a "BAD HARDWARE" message and that's it...

Works fine for 0.257 locally. Did you obtain the newly dumped MCU? That is now required for the romset to allow the game to work.
Barring that, try deleting your NVRAM file for that game (NVRAM/araknoidpe/mcu_mcu) and try again.
jvidal

I deleted cfg and sta file for the game. I'll check if there's a nvram file as well
edit:
deleted the mcu.mcu file, no luck, same error.
The set passes the rom check, both in ClrMame and in MAMEUI. also mame64 arkanoidpe -verifyroms checks out ok.

edit 2: after a few attempts, now it works. Weird.
mhoes

jvidal wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:51 am I deleted cfg and sta file for the game. I'll check if there's a nvram file as well
edit:
deleted the mcu.mcu file, no luck, same error.
The set passes the rom check, both in ClrMame and in MAMEUI. also mame64 arkanoidpe -verifyroms checks out ok.

edit 2: after a few attempts, now it works. Weird.
Maybe it is because you were mixing/using MAMEUI (which latest version was based om MAME 0.248) and/or 'mame64.exe' (which the official MAME executable has not been called anymore for a long time now. The last version that used that name was 0.228, released in Jan 2021.), instead of (or in combination with) the latest MAME 0.257 (available from https://www.mamedev.org/ ) ?
jvidal

Well, nope, I'm using MAMEUI64 .257 and official MAME, I just renamed the exe to mame64.exe...

anyway, it seems to work fine now.

Return to “MAME Discussion”