Stud

The selected machine is missing one or more ROM

Hi,

I'm currently trying to compile MAME with a custom game for Neogeo. I'm using the latest version of MAME and compiles it with the official compiling environment provided with it. I use Universe BIOS 3.2 to start my game.
The compiled MAME works properly with mslugx that is already in the game list..
For some reason, my game only works when I start it using the command line, if I start MAME and then select the game, the following error is shown.
The selected machine is missing one or more ROM or CHD images.
Anyone knows the difference between the two ways of launching the games and what could make the difference here?

Thanks a lot for your time and help!
B2K24

Re: The selected machine is missing one or more ROM

This is intended design as command line is meant to be much more flexible then launching through the UI.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5974
Stud

I checked everything again and noticed some warnings about the checksums when I started through CLI. After fixing the warnings, I can start the ROM with the UI!

Thank you so much B2K24 for the answer, it really helped!
Tafoid

Stud wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:56 pm I checked everything again and noticed some warnings about the checksums when I started through CLI. After fixing the warnings, I can start the ROM with the UI!

Thank you so much B2K24 for the answer, it really helped!
The MAME Internal UI expects a 100% match (crc32/sha1 hashes) whereas command line will allow hash mismatches as long as the filenames and sizes are the same as a fallback. This is to assist in development where new roms can be tested in existing machine drivers without adjusting the source/compiling and waiting for all that to happen. As B2K24 mentioned, this is all expected behavior. I'm sure that after a time there will be enhancement of the UI to provide better feedback about missing romset parts other than that blanket statement used currently.

Return to “MAME Discussion”