After a busy four weeks, we’re ready to present the hotly-anticipated MAME 0.204 release. The most exciting stuff this month is definitely on the computer emulation side. We’ve added dozens of working cartridges to the BBC ROM software list, and ROMs required by expansion devices are handled more elegantly. Our HP9000/300 series emulation just keeps getting better: it’s now possible to install and use HP-UX 9, with X11 and the Vue desktop environment on an emulated HP9000/370 with accelerated window drawing and Ethernet networking support. There’s also been some progress on the road to Silicon Graphics workstation emulation. On top of that, we’re seeing preliminary emulation of standalone X Window System terminals.
Thanks to MAME’s modular, device-oriented architecture, improvements for one machine go on to benefit other machines using similar hardware. The Motorola 68k memory management unit improvements that allow HP-UX to run on the HP9000/300 series will also benefit Mac, NeXT and early Sun systems. The same AMD LANCE Ethernet controller is used in HP and Sun workstations, X11 terminals, the Amiga A2065 Zorro card, and numerous applications. This gives us a wealth of test cases, and a virtuous cycle where progress on one system can lead to a breakthrough on another.
With this release, all Tiger game.com games are fully playable. Two more Nintendo Game & Watch titles, Climber and Tropical Fish, have been emulated. XaviX-based TV game emulation continues to progress steadily: numerous e-kara karaoke cartridges have been dumped, preliminary sound output emulation has been implemented (sorry, no microphone support yet, but you can hear the tunes), and more systems have inputs connected.
Graphical effects in the bootleg arcade driving game Blomby Car have been improved, and bad dumps of graphics ROMs for Abnormal Check and the Korean version of Prehistoric Isle have been replaced. As always, you’ll enjoy support for more alternate versions of arcade games (including a version of Pinball Action that shows scores on external LED displays), bug fixes, and general emulation improvements.
You can read a more detailed account of this month’s changes in the whatsnew.txt file, or get the source and Windows binary packages from the download page.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 05613: [Graphics] (prehisle.cpp) prehislek: Introductory Text (Korean?) not displayed properly. (Guru)
- 06474: [Graphics] (segas16b.cpp) goldnaxe: Sprites fall out of sync with scrolling. (hap)
- 06607: [Sound] (xmen.cpp) xmen and clones: Instruments in the music play at the wrong volume (regression). (hap)
- 06718: [Crash/Freeze] (mbc55x.cpp) mbc55x: Basic freezes on syntax errors. (AJR)
- 07046: [Gameplay] (deco32.cpp) dragngun, dragngunj: Screen goes black on third stage and the game stops. (hap)
- 07149: [Graphics] (docastle.cpp) dowild: The top of the screen flickers on completing level 1. (hap)
- 07151: [Gameplay] (asteroid.cpp) astdelux and clones: High score shows FFFFFF with initial EAROM contents. (AJR)
- 07154: [Documentation] (megadriv.cpp) megadriv [ppersia2]: Release year is 1995. (Tafoid)
- Bare Knuckle III (bootleg of Megadrive version) [ShouTime, MetalliC]
- Dance Dance Revolution Disney Mix [Peter Bortas, ClawGrip, The Dumping Union, Recreativas.org]
- Game & Watch: Climber (new wide screen) [algestam]
- Game & Watch: Tropical Fish [algestam]
- Centipede (bootleg, set 2) [Joe Magiera, The Dumping Union]
- Dragon Master (set 2) [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
- Hacha Mecha Fighter (Location Test Prototype, 19th Sep. 1991) [Michael Moffitt]
- Klax (Japan, version 4) [Arzeno Fabrice, The Dumping Union]
- Shin Ib Sa Won - Seok Dol I [gp-lee, Guru]
- Shinobi (set 5, System 16B) (unprotected) [Brian Troha]
- Snow Bros. 2 - With New Elves / Otenki Paradise (bootleg, set 2) [xuserv]
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (USA 910522, Rev. H) [Chris Gleed]
- Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (World 910204, conversion) [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
- Touchmaster 4000 (v6.02 England) [Porchy, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
- U.N. Defense Force: Earth Joker (US / Japan, set 2) [Phil Bennet]
- X-Men: Children of the Atom (Asia 941219) [Brad Hicks]
- Xevious 3D/G (World, XV32/VER.A) [pacman70, Asayuki]
- Abnormal Check [Guru]
- Alpha One (Vision Electronics) [David Haywood]
- Qume QVT-102 [Al Kossow, Dirk Best, Robbbert]
- Bingo Galaxy (main) [Darksoft]
- Bingo Galaxy (satellite) [Darksoft]
- Capitan Uncino (High Video, version 2) [f205v]
- Come Back [PinMAME]
- Doko Demo Issho: Toro's Fishing [ShouTime, Dane Biegert, rtw, The Dumping Union]
- Falco TS-1 (v2.13.0) [bhilpert, Bitsavers]
- Falco TS-2624 [Al Kossow]
- MIPS RC3230 [Patrick Mackinlay]
- MIPS RS3230 [Patrick Mackinlay]
- Model 931 Video Display Terminal [Al Kossow]
- Network Computing Devices NCD Explora Pro XQ [R. Belmont, Lord Nightmare]
- Network Computing Devices NCD HMX PRO [R. Belmont, Al Kossow]
- Network Computing Devices NCD-17C [R. Belmont, Al Kossow]
- Network Computing Devices NCD-19 [R. Belmont, Al Kossow]
- SGI 4D/410 [Ryan Holtz, NekoChan]
- SGI Crimson (R4000, 100MHz, Ver. 4.0.3) [Ryan Holtz, NekoChan]
- SGI O2 (version 4.18) [Ryan Holtz, NekoChan]
- SGI Octane (Version 6.5 Rev 4.9 05/22/03) [Ryan Holtz, NekoChan]
- Skate Board (Inder) [PinMAME]
- Sport 2000 [PinMAME]
- Top T. Cash [f205v]
- unknown Elsy game [f205v]
- Arizona 10 (v1.1) [f205v]
- Dirt Devils (Germany?) [Ordyne]
- Falco 5220s [Al Kossow]
- Fighting Vipers 2 [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
- Klax (version 5, bootleg set 2) [PaTrYcK]
- Magic Colors (ver. 1.6) [f205v]
- ConnecTV Table Tennis (PAL) [David Haywood]
- Sega Rally 2 (prototype, 8 Dec 1997) [Ordyne]
- Sega Rally 2 (prototype, 29 Dec 1997) [Ordyne]
- Smashing Drive (Spain, Portugal) [ClawGrip, Gines Vivanco, Undergamers, Recreativas.org]
- Smashing Drive (World) [ClawGrip, MetalliC]
- Sperry Univac UTS-10 [Robbbert]
- Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (location test, 16.09.98) [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
- The Lost World (older) [Ordyne]
- Virtual On 2: Oratorio Tangram [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
- bbc_rom: ADE 1.00, ADE 1.9Z, ADE 2.01, ADE 2.02, ADE+, ADFS Utilities, AID, AIDS II Utility ROM, AIDS Utility ROM, AMS Disc Utility, AMX MAX Desktop, AMX Mouse Support 2.10, AMX Mouse Support 2.11, AMX Pagemaker 1.0, AMX Pagemaker Plus 1.3, AMX Pagemaker Plus 1.7, AMX Stop Press 1.9, AMX Super Rom 3.31, AMX Super Rom 3.41, AMX Super Rom 3.61, AMX Super Rom M3.61, ARTS Communication ROM, ASM 1.1, ASM 2.2, ATS 2.58, ATS 2.59 (Morley), ATS 3.0, ATS 3.1, Acorn ADFS 1.30, Acorn ANFS 4.08, Acorn ANFS 4.18, Acorn ANFS 4.21, Acorn ANFS 4.24, Acorn ANFS 4.25, Acorn DFS 0.90, Acorn DFS 0.98, Acorn DFS 2.10, Acorn DFS 2.20, Acorn DFS 2.22, Acorn DFS 2.23, Acorn DFS 2.25, Acorn DFS 2.26, Acorn DNFS 1.00, Acorn DNFS 1.20, Acorn NFS 3.34, Acorn NFS 3.60, AddComm 1.00, AddComm 1.10, AddComm 1.20, AddComm 1.30, Advanced 1770 DFS 1.00 (Master), Advanced 1770 DFS 1.04 (Master), Advanced 1770 DFS 1.08 (B), Advanced 1770 DFS 1.08 (Master), Advanced BASIC, Advanced Control Panel 1.00, Advanced Control Panel 1.02, Advanced Control Panel 1.03, Advanced Control Panel 1.04, Advanced Control Panel 3.01, Advanced DFS 1770 2.00 (B), Advanced Disc Investigator 1.00 S/N:43700, Advanced Disc Investigator 1.10 S/N:43543, Advanced Disc Investigator 1.20 S/N:43950, Advanced Disc Investigator 1.20 S/N:43970, Advanced Disc Investigator 1.22 S/N:44712, Advanced Disc Investigator 2.00 S/N:43690, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.20, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.40, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.50, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.60, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.72, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.73, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.74, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.75, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.76, Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.77 [cracked], Advanced Disc Toolkit 1.78, Advanced Disc Toolkit 2.00, Advanced File Manager 1.06, Advanced File Manager 1.07, Advanced File Manager 1.09, Advanced ROM Manager 1.00, Advanced ROM Manager 1.10, Advanced ROM Manager 1.12, Advanced ROM Manager 1.13, Amcom DFS S/N:00000, Amcom DFS S/N:A4534, Amcom DFS S/N:A4554, Amcom DFS S/N:A7259, Amcom DFS S/N:A7874, Amcom DFS S/N:B4084, Amcom DFS S/N:B4088, Amcom DFS S/N:B4218, Amcom E-Net 4.55, Amcom E-Net 5.17, Amcom E-Net Client 6.23M, Arabic ROM, Artist, BASIC (1981), BASIC Extensions, BASIC2 (1982), BCPL, BROM 1.06, BROM 1.12, BROM 1.14, BROM Plus, BS-DOS 2.19, BS-DOS 2.22, BeeBASE-1 1.06, BeeBASE-1 1.07, Beeb ROM, BeebAid, BeebFont, BeebFont [alt], BeebMan, BeebMon, BeebPen 1.1, BeebPen 1.22, Beebtel 2.00, Beebtel 2.10, Beebug C 1.4, Beebug C 1.5, Bitstik ROM 2.0, Bitstik Service ROM 1.0, Buffer & Backup ROM, C.U.C. DOS 1.00, COMAL, CP-ROM 1.01, CP-ROM 2.00, Castle Quest (ROM Version), Centurion 1.03, Centurion 1.05, Chauffeur, Colour Screenprint 1.30s, CommPanion, CommSoft, Command 1.00, Command 1.01, Command 1.04, Command Master 3.11, Commstar 1008, Commstar 1051, Commstar 3033, Commstar 6290, Commstar 6397, Commstar 6973, Commstar 7537, Commstar 8179, Commstar 882A 1.40, Commstar 9057, Commstar II 2.22, Commstar II 2.31, Commstar II 2.40, Commstar R032, Communicator 1.05, Crossware 65C02XR, Crossware 68000XR, Crossware Z80XR, D-Master, DIS-ASM, DMON A1.08, DMON A1.14, DTT Version 7, Data Scribe 1.01, Data Scribe 1.20, Data Scribe 1.31, DataBeeb, DataStag 1.0, Database 1.00, Database 1.20, DesROM, Diagram, Diary / Planner, Digital Drawings DD/B834, Digitiser 1.00, Digitiser 1.00 [alt], Disc Servant, Disc-Aid, DotPrint-Plus, DoubleView, Dumpmaster II 1.00, Dumpmaster II 2.00, Dumpmaster II 2.15, Dumpout 0.5c, Dumpout 0.5d, Dumpout 3.0m, Dumpout 3.0p, Dumpout 3.2g, Dumpout 3.2j, Dumpout 3.30, EXMON 1.0a, EXMON 1.1a, EXMON II 1.00, EXMON II 1.03, EXMON II 2.01, EXMON II 2.02, EXROM: The Extension ROM, Easy Talk 1.01, Easy Talk 2.00, Edword 1.02, Edword 1.02E, Edword 2.00E, Enigma Disc Imager 0.04, Enigma Disc Imager 1.05, Enigma Disc Imager 1.06, Enigma Disc Imager 1.07, Enigma Disc Imager 1.08, Envelopes ROM, Epson Dump ROM, Epson NLQ, Everest, Extras, FORTH 1.03, Fanfare 1.40, File-Plus, First Aid 1.1, Floppy Copy 1.2, Floppy-Wise 2.1, Floppy-Wise 2.3, Floppy-Wise MASTER 2.2, Floppy-Wise PLUS 1.7, Floppy-Wise PLUS 1.8, Floppy-Wise PLUS 1.9, Floppy-Wise PLUS 1.C, Floppy-Wise PLUS 1.D, FontAid 1.01, FontAid 1.10, Forth 79, G:Forth 0.95, G:Forth 2.30, GINN Language Chip, GXR 0.37 (B), GXR Model B, GXR Model B+, Giant Text ROM, GrafPad 2, Graphics Terminal 2.01, Help 1.0, Help 1.01, Help II, Helping Hand 1.29, Helping Hand 1.36, HyperDriver 1.00, HyperDriver 1.10, ISO-Pascal 1.00, ISO-Pascal 1.10, Ice-Box, Ice-Box [alt2], Ice-Box [alt3], Ice-Box [alt], Icon Master 1.00, Index Utility 2.05b, Index Utility 3.00, Index Utility 3.03a, JWB Forth 2.0, JWB Forth 2.4, JWB Forth 2.5, Kermit 1.02, Kermit 1.30, Kermit 1.33, Kermit 1.45, Kmon, LISP 1.00, LISP 2.00, LISP 4.06, LISP 5.00, LOGO, LOGO (Logotron), LOGO 1.00 (Catsoft), LOGO 1.20 (Catsoft), LVL Dos 0.91, Le Modem 1.00, Le Modem 1.04, Linemaster, Logo-Forth, MACH 1 1.00, MACH 1 1.01, MASS, MASTERcopy, MOS Plus 1.14, MOS Plus 1.15, MUROM 1.00, MUROM 1.01, MUROM 1.10, MUROM 1.2, Master Emulation ROM 1.00, Master Emulation ROM 2.01, Master Emulation ROM 2.02, Master ROM 1.01, Master ROM 1.03, MedMon-B, Mega-ROM 1.00, Mega-ROM 1.01, Menu ROM 1.00, Menu ROM 1.20, Merlin, Meta Assembler 2.13R, Meta Assembler 2.13R [alt], Meta Assembler 3.40A, Micro Prolog, Micro-C 1.0, Micronet 1.30, Micronet 1.40, Micronet 2000, Microtext 3.3D, Microtext Plus 3.54, Microtext Plus 3.55R, Microware DDFS 0.90, Monitor 0.01, Monitor 1.60, Monitor v2.01, Mouse Pac Driver, Movie Maker 1.0, Movie Maker 1.1, Multi-FORTH 83, Multi-FORTH 83 [alt], Multi-Font NLQ, MultiFont, NLQ Designer 1.2, NLQ Designer 1.3, NTQ Font Extension ROM 1, NTQ Font Extension ROM 1 [alt], NovaCAD 1.06, NovaCAD 2.0N, NovaCAD 3.3K, Numerator 1.00, Oak Mentor, Opus DDOS 3.00, Opus DDOS 3.05, Opus DDOS 3.12, Opus DDOS 3.15, Opus DDOS 3.16, Opus DDOS 3.35, Opus DDOS 3.36, Opus DDOS 3.45, Opus DDOS 3.46, Opus EDOS 0.4, Overlay BASIC, Oxford Pascal 1.1, Oxford Pascal 2.0, Oxford Pascal 2.1, PCB 1.01, PCB 1.03, PCB 1.07, PCB 3.02, PCB 4.02, PCB 4.03, PCB Auto-Routing 1.03, PCB Auto-Routing 1.04, PHX 1.00, PHX 2.00, PMS Multi-Font NTQ 1.0, PMS Multi-Font NTQ 1.3, PMS Multi-Font NTQ 1.4, Pascal-T, Pen-Friend 1.20, Pen-Friend 1.24, PenDown 1.13, Pointer, PowerFont NTQ, Prestel Terminal, PrintBox 1.22, Printer Controller, Printer Server 1.00, Printer Server 1.11, ProWord 1.2, ProWord 1.3, Probe 4.02, Probe 4.05, ProgramSmith 0.80, QFS 1.02, QFS 2.00, Quest 2.1A, ROM Manager 1.00, ROM Manager 1.10, ROM Manager 2, ROM Master, ROM-Spell 1.00, ROM-Spell 1.02, ROM-Utils 1.70, ROMAS 3.00, ROMAS 3.02, Ramrod 1.82, Ramrod 4.00c, Romit 0.9, Romit 1.01, Romit 1.02, SPY 1.00, SPY 1.11, SPY 2.01, SPY 2.10, SPY 2.12, Screen Dump ROM 1.01, Screen Dump ROM 2.01, Screenprint 0.20, Screenprint 1.00, Scribe 1.10, Scribe 1.30, ScribeChec 1.10, Scythe, SecurIt, Slave 0.01, Slave 1.04, Slave 1.34, Sleuth 1.00, Sleuth 1.05, Sleuth 1.05a, Sleuth 1.06, Softlife EPS Software Mk2, Softlife Keypad Software, Solidisk ADFS 2.1D Issue 2, Solidisk ADFS 2.1M, Solidisk ADFS 2.1M Issue 2, Solidisk ADFS 20/2 Issue 2, Solidisk DFS 2.00 (8271/1770), Solidisk DFS 2.1M Issue 2, Solidisk DFS 2.2D, Solidisk DFS 2.2J Issue 2, Solidisk DFS 2.2M Issue 2, Source Library Manager, Spark Dump, Speech!, SpellCheck II, SpellCheck III, StarBASE 2.00, StarBASE 2.00 (CUC), StarBASE 2.10, StarGraph 2.01, StarMon 1.20b, StarStick 1.41, StarStick 2.23, StarStick 2.24, StarStore II, StarWord 1.01, SuperFont, Supervisor, System Delta, TUBE Editor, Tape to Disc 'TD' ROM (1770), Tape to Disc 'TD' ROM (8271), Teletext 1.04A, Teletext RTFROM, Teletext Support ROM, Termulator, Text Library Manager, The BASIC Editor 1.32, Toolkit 1.01 (Algotek), Toolkit 1.10, Toolkit 1.20, Toolkit 1.21, Toolkit 1.22, Toolkit 1.23, Toolkit 1.25b, Toolkit Plus 2.00, Toolkit Plus 2.02, Toolkit Plus 2.04, Toolkit Plus 2.05, Toolstar 1.77 1262, Toolstar 1.77 1511, Trackerball 0.01, TransfeROM (SD) 0.95, TransfeROM (SD) 0.96, TransfeROM (SD) 1.10, U-Tools, U-Tools Demonstration, UDM DDFS 2.00, UROM 1.2, UROM 1.3, UVIPROM 1.1, UVIPROM 1E1, UVIPROM 2.1, Ultracalc, Ultracalc 2, Upgrade 2.2C, Upgrade 3.00, UserDUMP, UserROM, VASM 2.0C, VASM 2.0E, Viditel, View A2.1, View A3.0, View B3.0, View D2.1, View Professional 1.0, View Professional 2.0, ViewShape, ViewSheet A0.7, ViewSheet B1.0, ViewSpell 1.0, ViewSpell 1.1, ViewStore 0.5, ViewStore 1.0, ViewStore 1.1, ViewStore 1.2, ViewStore 1.5, WYSIWYG Plus, Watford Electronics DDFS 1.40, Watford Electronics DDFS 1.50, Watford Electronics DDFS 1.53, Watford Electronics DDFS 1.54T, Watford Electronics DDFS+ 0.91, Watford Electronics DFS 1.00, Watford Electronics DFS 1.10, Watford Electronics DFS 1.20, Watford Electronics DFS 1.30, Watford Electronics DFS 1.41, Watford Electronics DFS 1.42, Watford Electronics DFS 1.43, Watford Electronics DFS 1.44, Watford PRINT-ROM 0.1C, Watford PRINT-ROM 0.1E, Watford SFS 0.90, Watford SFS 0.92, Window 1025, Window 1045, Wizard Joystick Utility 1.12, Word Power, Word-Aid, WordEase, Workstation 1.4, XTend [Nigel Barnes]
- electron_cass: Ewgeebez [AJR]
- gbcolor: Pocket GT (Eur, Prototype?) [VampierMSX, Porchy, The Dumping Union]
- megadriv: Battle Mania Daiginjou (Jpn, Prototype, 19910528), Centurion - Defender of Rome (Euro, Prototype, 19910528) [ArcadeShadow]
- uzebox: Wuergertime (Demo), Wuergertime with Music (Demo) [ArcadeShadow]
- gamecom: The Lost World - Jurassic Park [Robbbert]
- bbc_rom: ADDER, AMX Design, Advanced BASIC Editor, EPROM 1.04, EPROM 1.08, Epromer II, Inter-Word 1.O2, MASTERboard, Micron EPROM Programmer 1.4a, Micron Plus EPROM Programmer 1.30, Micron Plus EPROM Programmer 1.40, Prestel 1.1, Prestel 4.7n, Prestel 4.8n, Printer Buffer 1.00, Printer Buffer 2.10, Pro-Performer 2.1, Pro-Performer 2.2, Replay System 8271 1.00, Replay System 8271 1.10, Replay System WD1770 1.01, Replay System WD1770A 1.17, STL Clock & Desk, SideAid128, SideAid256, Solidisk ADFS 2.1S, Solidisk DDFS 1.5, Solidisk DDFS 1.9, Solidisk DFS 2.0J (8271/1770), Solidisk DFS 2.0L (8271/1770), Solidisk DFS 2.0m (8271/1770), Solidisk DFS 2.1 (8271/1770), Solidisk DFS 2.1A (1770), Solidisk DFS 2.1J Issue 1, Solidisk DFS 2.1J Issue 2, Solidisk DFS 2.2N Issue 2, TED 1.11, Tic-Toc RTC [Nigel Barnes]
1979-81 Volume 1 (Japan) (EC0008-G79), Artist Selection Volume 1 (unknown) (Japan) (EC0014-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 5 (Matsuda Seiko) (Japan) (EC0035-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 8 (unknown) (Japan) (EC0041-ATS), BHT Volume 3 (Japan) (GC0006-BHT), HWK (Japan) (SC0010-HKW), J-Pop Mix Volume 2 (Japan) (EC0002-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 11 (Japan) (EC0023-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 13 (Japan) (EC0025-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 33 (Japan) (EC0068-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 34 (Japan) (EC0070-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 36 (Japan) (EC0072-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 39 (Japan) (EC0076-JPM), Mini Volume 1 (Japan) (MC0001-ATM), SAI Volume 1 (Japan) (SC0005-SAI), SAI Volume 2 (Japan) (SC0006-SAI), SAI Volume 3 (Japan) (SC0009-SAI), SAI Volume 6 (Japan) (SC0019-SAI), SAI Volume 7 (Japan) (SC0021-SAI), SAI Volume 8 (Japan) (SC0022-SAI), e-kara US Volume 3 (US-E003), e-kara US Volume 8 'No Boys Allowed' (US-E008), e-kara US Volume 9 'No Boys Allowed' (US-E009), e-kara Web cartridge 28M (Japan) [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Artist Selection Volume 2 (unknown) (Japan) (EC0015-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 3 (Dreams Come True) (Japan) (EC0029-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 4 (unknown) (Japan) (EC0031-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 6 (KinKi Kids) (Japan) (EC0036-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 9 (Every Little Thing) (Japan) (EC0044-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 10 (Mr. Children) (Japan) (EC0045-ATS), Artist Selection Volume 12 (Judy and Mary) (Japan) (EC0049-ATS), BHT Volume 1 (Japan) (GC0002-BHT), ENK Volume 1 (Japan) (EC0006-ENK), ENK Volume 6 (Japan) (EC0048-ENK), J-Pop Mix Volume 3 (Japan) (EC0003-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 7 (Japan) (EC0012-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 8 (Japan) (EC0013-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 10 (Japan) (EC0022-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 14 (Japan) (EC0026-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 15 (Japan) (EC0027-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 19 (Japan) (EC0042-JPM), J-Pop Mix Volume 23 (Japan) (EC0054-JPM), Kid's Mix Volume 1 (Japan) (EC0010-KID), Kid's Mix Volume 3 (Japan) (EC0034-KID), e-kara Germany 5-Songs Starter (GER-M001), e-kara UK / Europe Volume 1 (UK-E001), e-kara UK / Europe Volume 2 (UK-E002), e-kara UK / Europe Volume 3 (UK-E003), e-kara UK / Europe Volume 6 (UK-E006), e-kara UK / Europe Volume 7 (UK-E007), e-kara US Volume 4 (US-E004), e-kara US Volume 5 (US-E005), e-kara US Volume 6 (US-E006), e-kara US Volume 7 (US-E007) [TeamEurope]
- electron_flop: E2P Hi-Basic, E2P Operating System (Disk) [Nigel Barnes]
• v25: Added address space for internal data area and SFRs. [AJR]
• i8088: Mask I/O addresses to five bits. [AJR]
• mbc55x additions and refinements: [AJR]
* Corrected all clocks, and derived them from the master crystal.
* Corrected I/O address decoding.
* Connected speaker output to 8251 USART.
* Add ISA expansion slot, Centronics printer port, and RS-232 “line” port.
* Added backspace key to HLE keyboard and noted undumped microcontroller.
• i8251: Implemented send break command. [AJR]
• z80dart: Don’t reset the receiver whenever WR5 changes. [AJR]
• z80ctc: Added support for a fixed-rate clock input to be configured for each channel. [AJR]
* Improves performance by reducing the need to drive the CLK/TRG inputs with high-frequency synchronizing timers.
• i386: Signal a privilege change to the debugger when protected mode is enabled or disabled, or CS descriptor flags change. [AJR]
• dsk_dsk.cpp: Fixed an issue where the deleted and bad CRC flags were being used uninitialized. [AmatCoder]
• tecmo.cpp: Reduced duplicated code and runtime tag map lookups, and replaced initialisation functions with derived memory maps. [cam900]
• serflash.cpp: Added support for page size configuration, and fixed block erase command and read/write past last page. [cam900]
• c6280.cpp: Fixed LFO scale bit. [cam900]
• gottlieb.cpp: Cleaned up code. [cam900]
• hotblock.cpp: Confirmed crystal values, cleaned up video code, and deferred video RAM allocation to start time. [cam900]
• fantland.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Moved machines with ADPCM sound to a derived state class.
* Reduced runtime tag map lookups, ACCESSING_BITS macros, and code duplication.
* Improved function names and cleaned up code.
• namcos2.cpp: Fixed C123 video RAM mirroring (fixes metlhawk intermission). [cam900]
• gp9001.cpp: Restricted tilemap drawing to clipping rectangle, improved member names, and reduced redundant code. [cam900]
• toaplan2.cpp: Improved member naming and removed unnecessary use of register_postload. [cam900]
• c117.cpp: Eliminated MCFG macros. [cam900]
• stadhero.cpp: Cleand up code, removed some MCFG macros, improved naming, and added a note. [cam900]
• namco_c123tmap.cpp: Added support for offsets, half-height tilemaps, and eight-bit I/O (for using in namcos1.cpp). [cam900]
• namcos1.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Converted C123 tilemap emulation to use device.
* Corrected some device types, crystal values and YM2151 clock frequencies.
* Improved region names, reduced MCFG macro use, redundant code, and code duplication.
• deco16ic.cpp: Allow graphics decode device to be configured using tag-like objects. [cam900]
• wrally.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Reduced runtime tag map lookups and use of ACCESSING_BITS macros.
* Cleaned up graphics decode description and reduced code duplication.
• deco32.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Eliminated VIDEO_START_MEMBER, and improved member names and formatting, and cleaned up code.
* Simplified and reduced duplication in graphics decode descriptions.
• thoop2.cpp: Reduced runtime tag map lookups, simplified graphics decode description, and reduced code duplication. [cam900]
• gaelco.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Reduced runtime tag map lookups, and improved member names.
* Cleaned up graphics decode descriptions and ROM loading.
• backfire.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Simplified graphics decode, description, and reduced duplicated and unused code.
* Deferred scroll RAM allocation until start time.
* Added release regions to descriptions, and added notes.
• alpha68k.cpp: Added note about unemulated video effect. [cam900]
• imagetek_i4100: Implemented device_gfx_interface, eliminated MCFG macros, and cleaned up sprite drawing code. [cam900]
• hyprduel.cpp: Reduced use of ACCESSING_BITS macros. [cam900]
• metro.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Fixed sprite lag for blzntrnd and gstrk2, and adjusted gstrik2 sound balance.
* Improved member names, reduced use of ACCESSING_BITS and MCFG macros, reduced code duplication, and cleaned up code.
* Corrected title for karatourj.
• blmbycar.cpp updates: [cam900]
* Reduced runtime tag map lookups, use of ACCESSING_BITS macros, and code duplication.
* Changed sound output to mono.
* Added versions to descriptions.
• lordgun.cpp: Corrected aliencha YMF278B clock, reduced duplication, simplified code, and improved member names. [cam900]
• bmcpokr.cpp: Cleaned up code to better adhere to current best practices, and changed sound output to mono. [cam900]
• dec0.cpp: Converted sprite RAM to buffered_spriteram16_device, cleaned up graphics decode description, and improved member names. [cam900]
• karnov.cpp: Converted background drawing to use tilemap system, simplified graphics decoding, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
• taito_o.cpp: Improved sound balance. [cam900]
• igs011.cpp: Simplified palette handling and graphics ROM access. [cam900]
• f1gp.cpp cleanup: [cam900]
* Split f1gp2 into a derived state class, cleaned up code, reduced duplication, and improved member names.
* Simplified graphics decode description.
* Changed f1gpb sound output to mono.
• st0020.cpp: Added object finder for ROM region, reduced code duplication, and simplified tilemap mapping. [cam900]
• cave.cpp: Reduced use of ACCESSING_BITS and MCFG macros, improved member names, and cleaned up code. [cam900]
• drgnmst.cpp: Fixed 8×8 tile banking. [cam900]
• nmk112.cpp: Eliminated MCFG macros, and simplified write handler signatures. [cam900]
• segas32.cpp: Reduce use of ACCESSING_BITS macros and code duplication, and improve member names. [cam900]
• XaviX updates: [David Haywood]
* Don’t set I²C memory page size (works around hanging in Namco/Taito Nostalgia games).
* Align palette base to natural boundary in modes with more than four bits per pixel.
* Moved e-kara cartridges to a software list.
* Added a crude timer implementation (frequency is fixed).
* Added preliminary wheel input for rad_mtrk, and ball input for rad_fb/rad_madf.
* Fixed opcode access in upper banks.
* Improved inputs for ekara and rad_rh.
* Fixed rad_rh tile addressing.
* Added preliminary sound emulation.
* Improved CPU emulation, improving ttv_mx road, showing graphics in ttv_sw, and playing music on ttv_lotr title screen.
* Improved sprite positioning.
* Improved Monster Truck tile flipping and rendering in inline header mode.
* Added a hack go allow epo_efdx to read its EEPROM and display a title screen.
• supbtime.cpp: Restored one-pixel tilemap offset for tumblep and chinatwn. [David Haywood]
• m52.cpp: Moved alpha1v to a separate derived state class, fixed graphical issues, and promoted to working. [David Haywood]
* Also removed kludges in mpatrol palette handling that were originally used to save memory.
• pbaction.cpp: Hooked up numeric LED displays for pbactiont. [David Haywood]
* Emulation of communication with display controller CPU is incomplete.
• asuka.cpp updates: [David Haywood]
* Marked earthjkr ROM as a bad dump and applied a patch based on earthjkrp (fixes row scroll on final stage).
* Reduced sound levels to avoid clipping.
• ppu2c0x_vt.cpp: Allow palette to be set before mode is selected (fixes Konami logo display in ddrdismx). [David Haywood]
• wrally.cpp, blmbycar.cpp: Converted sprite drawing to device and fixed shadow/highlight effects in blmbycar. [David Haywood]
• qvt102.cpp: Hooked up devices, re-wrote video emulation implementing all video attributes, and added NVRAM. [Dirk Best, Robbbert]
• amiga: Added support for Commodore A2065 Ethernet card. [Dirk Best]
• hp9825.cpp: added internal expansion ROMs for hp9825b. [F.Ulivi]
• luaengine: Fixed item:read_block(offset, count) so it applies the offset. [feos]
* Also added description comment for emu.item().
• bbc updates: [Nigel Barnes]
* Allocate ROMs required by expansion devices to empty slots on start.
* Removed all root device access from expansion devices.
* Added configuration option to fit Econet upgrade.
* Added OS 0.92 as BIOS option for bbca and bbcb.
* Added Opus Challenger ADFS 1MHz bus device (Master only).
* Moved torch MCP ROMs to bbc_tube_zep100 device, to be inserted at startup.
* bbc_acorn8271: Moved lesser-known DFS ROMs to the software list.
* Added Opus DDOS 3.05 to bbc_opus8272.
* Added Opus DDOS 3.12 to bbc_opus2791.
* Added Aries B488 and Acorn IEEE488 Interface devices on 1MHz bus.
• amstr_pc.cpp: Added internal 3.5" floppy drive to machine configuration. [Nigel Barnes]
• ampoker2.cpp: Simplified rabbitpk decryption. [O. Galibert]
• ymmu100.cpp: Implemented sound output, including some filters. [O. Galibert]
• v53 overhaul: [Patrick Mackinlay]
* Added support for V50, and refactored code to better align with current best practices.
* Added 16-bit transfer support to DMAU.
* Cleaned up SCU implementation.
• mips1 overhaul: [Patrick Mackinlay]
* Implemented TLB and address translation, and improved cache isolation behaviour.
* Corrected exception vector logic.
* Fixed overflow logic.
• am79c90: Implemented network communication, and greatly improved behaviour. [Patrick Mackinlay]
• mips.cpp: Hooked up MAC address PROM, LANCE Ethernet controller, and floppy drive controller. [Patrick Mackinlay]
• pc9801_86.cpp: Fixed stereo sound routing, and fixed a PSG level balance regression. [r09]
• tec1: Replaced ROMs with clean dumps from the original designers. [Robbbert]
• ampoker2.cpp: Documented and simulated piccolop protection, and removed ROM patches. [Roberto Fresca]
• mb87030: Implemented padding mode (allows Pascal 3.24 to boot and run from SCSI on hp9k_3xx). [Sven Schnelle]
• luaengine: Added functions to screen_dev class for getting packed RGB pixel values. [Ryan Holtz, Carl]
• hpc3.cpp updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* Improved DMA transfer behaviour
* Fixed audio DMA, hooked up second DAC, and fixed a bug that prevented the audio DAC DMA timer from stopping.
* Partially hooked up second SCSI controller for Indigo².
* Hooked up INT3 and PIT register access.
* Added support for single-byte SCSI DMA requests.
* Fixed an oversight with interrupt requests.
* Also converted logging to use logmacro, added more verbose logging, added stave state support, and cleaned up code.
* Restores SGI Indy boot chime, and allows IRIX installer to run until it fails with a SCSI error.
• ioc2.cpp updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* Hooked up Timer1/Timer0, z80scc and 8042kbdc interrupts.
* Hooked up 8042kbdc reset.
* Fixed IRQ-lowering logic so it actually clears the MIPS IRQ line.
* Also converted logging to use logmacro, made logging more verbose, and added save state support.
* Allows Gentoo Linux to boot, although it hangs during startup.
• newport.cpp: FIxed a long-standing bug with color resolution. [Ryan Holtz]
* Also updated to current coding standards, converted logging to use logmacro, and made logging more verbose.
• dp8573.cpp: Added DP8573 real-time clock emulation. [Ryan Holtz]
• sgi.cpp: Made RPSS counter more accurate, and added semaphore registers. [Ryan Holtz]
* Also converted logging to use logmacro, made logging more verbose, and updated to meet coding standards.
• indy_indigo2.cpp updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* Moved Indigo² to a derived state class, and moved a number of devices into HPC3.
* Eliminated use of MACHINE_CONFIG_START/MACHINE_CONFIG_END macros.
* Hooked up pull-ups on EISA I/O space.
• indigo.cpp updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* Separated indigo3k and indigo4k state classes.
* Hooked up RS-232 ports.
* Switched to new Zilog SCC implementation, and added PIT8254 device (uses incorrect clock value to work around hang).
* Fleshed out SCSI and started fleshing out HPC1 implementation.
* Hooked up new DP8573 real-time clock implementation.
* Improved RAM layout.
* Added stubs for DSP RAM and Entry-Level Graphics (LG1/LG2).
* Implemented LG1 palette setup, block drawing, pattern drawing, frame buffer copy, and remaining commands used by PROM monitor.
* Removed unused screen device.
* Expanded logging and converted to use logmacro, and renamed variables to meet MAME coding standards.
• t10sbc.cpp: Added support for Format Parameters and Geometry Parameters pages. [Ryan Holtz]
• scsicd512.cpp: Added various legacy SCSI CD-ROM devices that use 512-byte blocks by default. [Ryan Holtz]
• nscsi_cd.cpp: Added various new-SCSI CD-ROM devices that use 512-byte blocks by default. [Ryan Holtz]
• sgikbd: Added basic SGI Indigo keyboard high-level emulation. [Ryan Holtz]
• rs232/hlemouse.cpp: Added support for SGI Indigo mouse. [Ryan Holtz]
• o2.cpp: Added CRIME and MACE skeleton devices. [Ryan Holtz]
• mips3.cpp updates: [Ryan Holtz]
* Corrected R4400BE, R4400LE, R4600BE and R5000BE bus width to 64 bits.
* Fixed a bug that caused a crash with 64-bit data bus and the DRC.
* Added ability to log SGI O2 boot PROM DPRINTF calls (enabled with a preprocessor macro).
• clifront.cpp: Improved descriptions of -showusage and -showconfig options. [Ryan Holtz]
• screen.cpp: Added a device callback to make it easier to hook the scan line timer. [Ryan Holtz]
• zerozone.cpp, zexall.cpp, zr107.cpp, zrt80.cpp, zt8802.cpp, zwackery.cpp, zx.cpp: Eliminated MACHINE_CONFIG_START/_END macros. [Ryan Holtz]
• m68kmmu improvements: [Sven Schnelle]
* Handle RW bit in address translation cache properly.
* Add page table walk resulting in BUSERROR to address translation cache.
* Fixed PTEST instruction, and PTEST level report in MMU status register.
* Trap if PLOAD is called with MMU disabled on MC68851.
* Don’t skip descriptor status update for page descriptors.
* Set address in PTEST to last descriptor address.
* Added function code page table lookup.
* Fixed TT register matching.
* Decode FC field for PLOAD insturction.
* Added support for eight-byte indirect descriptors.
* Don’t change page table/address translation cache state on translations triggered by the debugger.
* Store B bit in address translation cache on bus error and set last logical address for handler.
* Show 68020/030/040 PMMU registers in the debugger.
• debugger: Added “gp” command to run until the next privilege level change, and added support for “%c” format conversion. [Sven Schnelle]
• hp9k_3xx updates: [Sven Schnelle]
* Use correct memory map for HP9000/360.
* Fixed RTC data corruption bug (initial state of latch clock was unsafe).
• nereid: Added overlay support (used by HP98550A), and implemented device_palette_interface. [Sven Schnelle]
• hp_dio: Added support for HP98550A high-resolution color graphics card, and made default for HP9000/360 and /370. [Sven Schnelle]
* Window mover, pixel/window replacement rules, VRAM bit access, solid line drawing, and pattern mask copy are implemented.
* Shape drawing, area fill, and additional copy modes are not supported.
• hp_dio: Added support for HP98643A LANIC Ethernet card. [Sven Schnelle]
• qvt102: Dumped an additional firmware version, and dumped keyboard microcontroller [Al Kossow]
• Added ini/examples to binary distribution. [anikom15]
• atetris.cpp: Decapped and dumped EPROM from Indel P8749H microcontroller (matches existing dump). [Caps0ff, ClawGrip]
• kickgoal.cpp: Decapped and dumped kickgoal PIC sound microcontroller, and hooked up emulation. [Caps0ff, balrog, David Haywood]
• pbaction.cpp: Documented Tecfri version of Pinball Action that uses an additional board to drive numeric LED displays. [ClawGrip]
• segasp.cpp: Added SystemSP Network Board version 1.23 firmware. [Darksoft]
• magic10.cpp: Updated notes with more detail, added boot instructions, corrected metadata, and added PLDs. [f205v]
• prehisle.cpp: Dumped correct character ROM for prehislek (MT05613). [Guru]
• namcond1.cpp: Redumped graphics ROMs for Abnormal Check. [Guru]
• midyunit.cpp: Added SL1 revision sound ROM to Smash T.V. V3.01. [Jim Hernandez]
• exidy.cpp: Corrected PCB locations for PROMs in mtrap and clones. [Jim Hernandez]
• hiscore.dat: Updated for latest changes in MAME. [Leezer]
• Changed hand-made SAA5051 character ROM to match the datasheet (one pixel was missing on the ‘j’ character). [Lord Nightmare]
• segaxbd.cpp: Added Royal Ascot satellite ROMs. [Ordyne]
• by35.cpp, inder.cpp: Corrected toppin and pinclown sound CPU ROM dumps. [PinMAME]
• segahang.cpp: Dumped CK2605 devices for hangon and clones. [Porchy, The Dumping Union]
• xerox820.cpp: Added ROM versions 4.02 (820-II), v50 v018 (820-II), and 5.00 (820-II 16/8). [rfka01, Bitsavers]
• Decapped and extracted internal ROM from SAA5050 character generator. [Sean Riddle, ClawGrip, The Dumping Union]