Emulator_Chas

Verifyroms?

(Rant?)
I am using the current version of Mame (.204) and have been collecting rom files for the past year, and some I have several versions of them i.e. abc (1).zip , abc (1).zip etc......... abc (9).zip. and since there is no way to tell which version they are (such as abc_204.zip, or the Real name that is displayed ON the Mame display screen), I would have to rename the file to the name Mame needs, (After I find it in the .xml file) and then run Mame find the name (which is not anywhere near the rom.zip name some of the times) and see if it runs, and if not then I would need to quit Mame rename the next .zip, restart Mame test, and continue till Mame Likes the right one.
The source of the rom.zip files , that I have do not at times state which version of Mame they will work with.
I really do not want to try to find All the rom.zip files that will work for the version of Mame I am running.
I have like 2500 rom.zips files, but some of them are over a year old.
Is there a way to test ALL the rom.zips (abc (1).zip abc (2).zip, ect.............) and find the correct one that matches the one that is in the .xml, and change the name to the one that Mame needs,Wants,has,uses,etc...?
(I wish I could code better, so I could write a program to do this).

Now to the real question.......
(VerifyRoms?)
When I use mame64 -verifyroms , it only verifies part of the roms and not any bad ones.
When I use mame64 -verifyroms * >verify.txt ,it verifies all of the roms in the .xml and displays them on the screen, but does not create the verify.txt file or it writes it in a place that I can not find it?
When I use Mame -verifyroms * it only tests like 50 roms and not all of them
mhoes

Re: Verifyroms?

This might be of help: When you point the tool 'Clrmamepro' at your zipped roms and the desired MAME version, it can then - if everything is available - re-build the zip files with the correct roms for that MAME version and the zipfile name that MAME version expects.

https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/
Emulator_Chas

THANKS
I had already downloaded clrmamepro and have been fiddling around with it, but could not figure it out.
I finally copied Mame and started to see what clrmamepro could do, but sop far I have not got it to work on the main roms, since I can not find the xml or dat file the tells Mame which rom setys are the correct set...........

off to find the file,
chas
mhoes

There are many tutorials on it's usage to be found online, just search for them. One of the many that I found is here :

http://mame.3feetunder.com/clrmamepro-q ... art-guide/

Just make sure you have a backup of your ROMs before you start messing around with them.

If I recall correctly, the 'file' you talk about gets extracted from MAME by clrmamepro once you tell it where your mame.exe is located, but I might be wrong here (I haven't used clrmamepro in ages).

Return to “MAME Discussion”