Pee wee

Why not to go further?

Hi guys,

How are things? I hope you are all well. Pls, I don't understand why MAME programmers don't allow to SELECTIVELY ACTIVATE certain improvements, such as reductions in read and access times of optical and floppy drives of consoles and microcomputers. As an OPTIONAL complement to the much needed fidelity and accuracy in emulation. For example an FPGA device allows optional enhancements to be added and is welcomed by the community. Many users modify their original consoles to improve them. It is not understood.

I would appreciate any clarification.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
mhoes

Re: Why not to go further?

Pee wee wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:46 pm Hi guys,

How are things? I hope you are all well. Pls, I don't understand why MAME programmers don't allow to SELECTIVELY ACTIVATE certain improvements, such as reductions in read and access times of optical and floppy drives of consoles and microcomputers. As an OPTIONAL complement to the much needed fidelity and accuracy in emulation. For example an FPGA device allows optional enhancements to be added and is welcomed by the community. Many users modify their original consoles to improve them. It is not understood.

I would appreciate any clarification.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
TL;DR

That is not the way it originally worked.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a MAME Dev.
Pee wee

mhoes wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:11 pm That is not the way it originally worked.
What's that got to do with anything? That's irrelevant.
f205v

Well, no. it is not "irrelevant".
The aim of MAME has always been that of reproducing (via emulation, not simulation![1]) the inner workings of the original hardware.
If the hardware is reproduced well enough there will be the consequence that some software could be run on the emulated hardware, but this is not the primary goal, this is just a nice side effect.
------
Ciao
f205v

Return to “MAME Discussion”