tangodown

Sound issues

I am running .226 on my windows 10 machine. opwolf says working but sound imperfect. But actually the sound works fine.
But the same version of mame, same set on my early 2009 apple computer, running windows, the sound is glitchy.
So then I think it must be the apple sound card or driver. But when I run other, like sf2 there is no problem with the sound.

Any help would be really appreciated
tangodown

Re: Sound issues

Solved.

Running MAME 220 solved the issue. I don't know how or why, but I don't care as long as its working
mhoes

tangodown wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:11 pm I am running .226 on my windows 10 machine. opwolf says working but sound imperfect. But actually the sound works fine.
But the same version of mame, same set on my early 2009 apple computer, running windows, the sound is glitchy.
So then I think it must be the apple sound card or driver. But when I run other, like sf2 there is no problem with the sound.

Any help would be really appreciated
WHAT
mhoes

tangodown wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:32 pm I don't care as long as its working
Then others won't care what your issue is either.
tangodown

mhoes wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:08 pm
You misunderstand me.

I have posted the solution to the problem to help anybody else who may encounter this problem. I didn't have to do that but I want to help the community.
For me its better to show the solution than try to figure out why the imac/windows machine has a glitch with the sound. We could spend months trying to find the answer
mhoes

tangodown wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:16 am
mhoes wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:08 pm
You misunderstand me.

I have posted the solution to the problem to help anybody else who may encounter this problem. I didn't have to do that but I want to help the community.
For me its better to show the solution than try to figure out why the imac/windows machine has a glitch with the sound. We could spend months trying to find the answer
Well I guess that all depends on your definition of the word 'solution'. To me, advocating that people revert back to a 3 year old version (including its bugs that have since been fixed, and without the improvements added since), is no 'solution'. In that sense, you're definitely not 'helping the community'. To me, the 'fix' would be to figure out what the root cause is of the sound issues, and fix that (either on your machine or for the next release.)

Return to “MAME Discussion”